Admissions arrangements

Admission Arrangements 2023/2024


The Admissions Consultation for 2023/2024 was jointly held by all admissions authorities in the City of York between 4th October and 14th November 2021.  The consultation included the draft admission policy and planned number of places available at each school in the year(s) of entry. 


Following the consultation, each admission authority will formally set ('determine') their admission arrangements for admission in 2023/24 by 28 February 2022.  Determined policies will be on the City of York Council website by 15 March 2022 after which objections can be raised.


Trustees at Huntington Primary Academy determined the 2023/24 Admission Policy at their full board meeting held on Thursday 10th February, 2022.


If you require a paper copy of the document you can request this from the school or or 01904 551554.

Our published admission number (PAN) is 60.



In-Year Admissions

Huntington Primary Academy participates in the Local Authority’s Co-ordinated Admission Scheme for in-year admissions. If parents/carers wish to apply for a school place, applications can be made at via the ParentPortal.


The Local Authority will confirm the outcome of the application in writing within 15 school days.  If the application is refused, the Local Authority will advise on the statutory appeal procedure.  Details of the Co-ordinated Admission Scheme and how in-year applications are managed are available at 


Our 2021/2022 and 2022/2023 Admission Policies have been updated in line with the new Admission Code which came into effect on the 1st September 2021.

Admissions Policy 
These Admission Policies have been set and agreed. Our published admission number is 60.

If you would like to apply for a school place please contact School Admissions, City of York Council, West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA. Telephone 01904 551550.
Delayed and Deferred Admission Policy to Primary School
In Year Applications

If your child is moving schools either during the school year or for the start of a new school year, then you will need to make an in-year application. Examples of this include when moving house or requesting to move your child from one school to another within York.
Please see the links below for more information: